We are here not only to help the animal shelter but the entire community with animal concerns. We welcome your comments or questions.
Our site is constantly being updated so please visit often.
Make a note of our new email address ~ email@example.com
Please visit our affiliate website ~
Colusa Animal Information Network
Your one stop information site for all animal related services and businesses.
Pet Emergency Kit is now available through SOS Survival Products. Read more on our Pet Care page. On Sale through January 21, 2012.
LOST OR FOUND A PET
What to do if you have lost a pet ~
1. Call the Colusa County Animal Control Dept. 530 - 458 - 0200 and ask if an animal matching your pet is at the shelter but it's always best to visit the shelter to visually look for your pet because descriptions can vary between people and this will avoid the problem in identification. Call them as soon as you realize your pet is missing. Don't wait a week thinking your pet will return home because they may have been picked up and are waiting for you at the shelter. Animals are held for six (6) days, after that they become county property to be adopted or euthanized.
2. Place a "lost" ad in the Colusa Sun-Herald 530 - 458 - 2121 and the Appeal-Democrat 1-800-831-2345 with the animal's age, breed, color, any distinguishing markings, male or female, spayed or neutered and your phone number.
3. Put up flyers with the above information or a picture is the best. Offer a reward if possible.
4. Call the animal control departments in the surrounding cities.
What to do if you have found a lost pet ~
1. If the animal has a Colusa County dog license, call the Sheriff's Dept. 530 - 458 - 0200, give them the license number and they will check their database for the owner's name and phone number.
2. If the animal has a rabies tag, call the veterinarian's office that issued the tag - the phone number is on the rabies tag - and give them the rabies tag number which they can look up in their database.
3. By law you must call the animal control dept with the animal's description, where and when you found the pet etc, they will complete a "Found" card which will be posted at the office.
4. Request animal control to pick up the animal. They will scan the dog or cat for a microchip when they return to the shelter.
The above icon will direct you to our animals who are waiting for that special caring home.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Learn about the animals you watch in movies, TV & commercials. The American Humane's Film & TV Unit has monitored the animal action on sets since 1941.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Parents - Teachers - Kids
Two sites that offer lesson plans, recommend books and just plain fun stuff for kids of all ages.
Our cats love to sleep on Kuranda cat beds, but we don't have enough for everyone. If you would like to donate a bed at a special wholesale price for a another cat to sleep in comfort, please donate a Kuranda cat bed.
***Thank You **
Cara from Williams donated 2 Standard
Kuranda Cat Beds for our shelter kitties. Thank
you for remembering our shelter animals during these trying times.